Here’s President Muhammadu Buhari broadcast to the country delivered Monday, August 21, 2017, two days after his return to Nigeria following his scientific vacation in London.
Broadcast By President Muhammed Buhari
AUGUST 21, 2017.
My dear citizens,
1. I am very grateful to God and to all Nigerians for their prayers. I am thrilled to be lower back on domestic soil amongst my brothers and sisters.
2. In the path of my stay in the United Kingdom, I have been kept in every day touch with events at home. Nigerians are sturdy and lively in discussing their affairs, but I was once distressed to be aware that some of the comments, specifically in the social media have crossed our countrywide purple lines via daring to query our collective existence as a nation. This is a step too far.
3. In 2003 after I joined partisan politics, the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu came and stayed as my guest in my homeland Daura. Over two days we discussed in gorgeous depth until late into the night time and analyzed the issues of Nigeria. We both came to the conclusion that the united states of america must stay one and united.
4. Nigeria’s team spirit is settled and not negotiable. We shall not permit irresponsible factors to start trouble and when matters get horrific they run away and saddle others with the accountability of bringing again order, if quintessential with their blood.
5. Every Nigerian has the right to live and pursue his enterprise somewhere in Nigeria except let or hindrance.
6. I accept as true with the very full-size majority of Nigerians share this view.
7. This is now not to deny that there are official concerns. Every crew has a grievance. But the splendor and enchantment of a federation is that it permits unique organizations to air their grievances and work out a mode of co-existence.
8. The National Assembly and the National Council of State are the reputable and suitable our bodies for national discourse.
9. The national consensus is that, it is better to stay collectively than to stay apart.
10. Furthermore, I am charging the Security Agencies no longer to let the successes performed in the remaining 18 months be a sign to relax.
11. Terrorists and criminals must be fought and destroyed relentlessly so that the majority of us can stay in peace and safety.
12. Therefore we are going to strengthen and reinvigorate the fight now not solely against:
· Elements of Boko Haram which are attempting a new series of assaults on tender targets
· Kidnappings, farmers versus herdsmen clashes,
· In addition to ethnic violence fueled via political mischief makers. We shall handle them all.
13. Finally, dear Nigerians, our collective interest now is to eschew petty variations and come collectively to face frequent challenges of:
· Monetary security,
· Political evolution and integration
· As properly as lasting peace among all Nigerians.
14. I remain resolutely committed to ensuring that these desires are carried out and maintained. I am so happy to be home.
15. Thank you and may God bless our pricey Nation.